Monday, June 29, 2009


This weekend we went to the Cherry Blossom Festival in downtown Denver. I came across a booth with the cutest asian-themed baby gear. I got a onesie with the above design. LittleBuddahBaby.com...or something like that. Anyway, that onesie is awesome.

Jon took some pictures while we were there, including Evelyn's face on a Sumo wrestler's body (ha! I hope that turns out!) but it is on his old school camera, not the digital, so we have to wait. It was fun, though. Booths with asian-inspired gear, a "write your name in japanese" booth, food, raffles, etc. It is put on by the Tri-State and Denver Buddhist Temple. The temple was open for visitors (information lectures on buddhism in the main--and very pretty--sanctuary area and food and games in the gym). They hold a lot of asian american cultural events and classes at the temple, including conversational Japanese lessons, bonsai classes, aikido, taiko, a senior citizen karaoke group and more. Jon and I have wanted to take some Japanese lessons ever since we got back from our honeymoon to Japan. We love Japan. The longer I am away the more I want to go back, so we hope we can return someday. Maybe our 10 year anniversary! Alas, that's a long time from now.

I am very much looking forward to the short work week. Four days...it should be that way every week!

No comments: